Structural Stability Tests
- Concrete Strength test using Rebound Hammer
- Rebar Mapping using Fero Scan or Rebar Locator
- Foundation Soil Strength testing using a DCP test
- Crack Analysis
- Slump Cone Test
- Verifying Structural Element dimensions
- Compressive strength testing
Why you need Structural Inspection
Structural assessment is usually undertaken to identify local damage and unacceptable deformations which may reduce the working life of the structure and affect its efficient use. It is adviseable to have a professional engineer inspect your property in one of the following cases:
- cracking, shifting or moving is noticed in the foundation, walls, concrete slabs, stucco or other parts of the building,
- visible or suspected damage by earthquake, fire, nearby construction, wind, water, termites or insufficient maintenance,
- unstable, falling structures (chimneys, retaining walls, external details)
- uneven floors, bulging or separating walls, deflecting joists or beams, deformed windows and doors,
- when buying or refinancing a house, particularly when there’s visible damage or home inspection calls for an opinion by a professional engineer
- opening up or removing a wall to check if it is a load bearing one, and to provide correct calculations for proper header sizing
- planning any change or addition to a building to verify if the existing structure is suitable for the addition & remodel,
- installing new roof to ensure the existing structure will safely uphold the new weight.
- Our experienced engineers visit the site and visually inspect your property to map out a testing program.
- Equipment and personnel are mobilised to site to conduct the field tests.
- The property is tested for signs of structural deficiencies that may cause problems with its integrity.
- Field data is analysed and reported to the clients with findings and recommended solutions.
ABOUT ATORIA LAB
At Atoria Lab, we strive to be the preferred partner of our clients by safely and consistently delivering on-budget, quality and on-time feedback and test reports with a dedicated and experienced team that performs with a high standard of professionalism and integrity.
Strategic and Tactical
We assess structures to ensure they are fit to withstand the service conditions safely and reliably throughout their predicted lifetime.
We are a team of Geotechnical experts working with our clients to deliver quality, on-time and on-budget services beyond the expectations of the client and above the current industry standards.
Embedded in our culture of hard work, honesty, and getting the well done job, our history tells not only much about our past but also it does our present.е Our record of succeeding, surviving, and striving to be the best is central to our reputation today.
With the dynamicity of the environment and the engineering world, we are always faced with real and uncertain challenges that require creative undocumented solutions.
Our enthusiastic team of engineers at Atoria Lab are always ready to learn and explore new ideas and technology to solve geotechnical issues encountered on site.
We get to know our clients as intimately as possible in an effort to match them with resources, advice and solutions tailor-made for their specific projects.